Israel

Posted - 27/02/2010 :  12:46:15  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Four Drawn Conclusions?
Go to Top of Page

TitanPa 
"Here four more"

United States

Posted - 28/02/2010 :  00:33:24  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
How about including cartoon voices in the title?

Reviews left Blanc
Walt full of reviews
Go to Top of Page

LadyMeerkat 
"Quirky perky goth artist."

Australia

Posted - 30/03/2010 :  15:20:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by benj clews

Apologies for putting you through this inconvenience- I know we made a start on emailing people for their agreement a while back and those we did all kindly agreed, but the publisher requires this I'm afraid

Sorry for not replying to your email a while back. I was in the process of moving house and hadn't checked that email account in a while. I hope some of my reviews still made the cut?
Go to Top of Page

SixFourian 
"Four ever European"

The European Union

Posted - 10/04/2010 :  23:59:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by aahaa, muahaha

Disagree. Most design departments do flex their muscles, unfortunately.

Nope, definitely not. I have worked in book publishing for years and know what I am talking about. Marketing people might have some sway over editorial people, unfortunately, but designers shouldn't ever decide on what text is used. (They can make suggestions, of course, like anyone can.)
Go to Top of Page

SixFourian 
"Four ever European"

The European Union

Posted - 11/04/2010 :  00:01:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by aahaa, muahaha

Makes sense. If I was a reader of this book who never visited the site before, I'd not give two hoots if the review was by aahaa or muahaha.

Yup, I'm with you there. Listing names with every review would make it seem like an exclusive little club. It's enough of a problem that the site gets like that.
Go to Top of Page

SixFourian 
"Four ever European"

The European Union

Posted - 11/04/2010 :  00:04:40  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Yukon

I think the plan is to call us the "producers of www.fwfr.com" which is more accurate (I have written a lot of reviews) and fits well with the movie theme.

Hhmmm, I don't think you've written anywhere near enough to warrant calling you a 'producer', even light-heartedly, and even counting all of your duplicate reviews.
Go to Top of Page

SixFourian 
"Four ever European"

The European Union

Posted - 11/04/2010 :  00:08:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by randall

Just in case anyone was actually wondering, design FREQUENTLY affects the words on a book's cover.

It can affect it but that is not the same as it being decided by the designers (leaving aside people who are dually editors and designers, like myself). Designers might suggest that there is too much text or it looks unbalanced, but it would be a very unprofessional company where they can just add words in willy-nilly.
Go to Top of Page

SixFourian 
"Four ever European"

The European Union

Posted - 11/04/2010 :  00:11:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

Actually I would love a good title for the chapter for animated films. Mine is really lame -- Very Colorful film reviews.

Hopefully this did get changed. As I've said elsewhere, it's better to use words with internationally neutral spellings wherever possible.
Go to Top of Page

SixFourian 
"Four ever European"

The European Union

Posted - 11/04/2010 :  00:16:29  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
So, how are the profits getting divided up? I hope it's not just that Benj and Yukon each get a set percentage of the total that the publishing company gives them. What I mean by that is that all of the site's operating costs from 1999 till the foreseeable future should be deducted first, and then the remainder divided (with Benj receiving a much greater percentage of course, having put in far more work).
Go to Top of Page

bife 
"Winners never quit ... fwfr ... "

Singapore

Posted - 11/04/2010 :  03:25:48  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Salopian

So, how are the profits getting divided up? I hope it's not just that Benj and Yukon each get a set percentage of the total that the publishing company gives them. What I mean by that is that all of the site's operating costs from 1999 till the foreseeable future should be deducted first, and then the remainder divided (with Benj receiving a much greater percentage of course, having put in far more work).

I would think that's a matter for benj and yukon, and basically none of our business
Go to Top of Page

bife 
"Winners never quit ... fwfr ... "

Singapore

Posted - 11/04/2010 :  03:32:12  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

I think the plan is to call us the "producers of www.fwfr.com" which is more accurate (I have written a lot of reviews) and fits well with the movie theme.

Hhmmm, I don't think you've written anywhere near enough to warrant calling you a 'producer', even light-heartedly, and even counting all of your duplicate reviews.

Yet another friendly, constructive post from the site's friendlest, most constructive, most popular reviewer.

But let me guess sal, you're not picking another unnecessary fight, and it is not your fault that you ruin the tone of the site for everyone else; you are just showing everyone, for the benefit of the site, that yukon is a copycat reviewer of little talent. Anyone that is upset by your tone, well that's their problem, you're just stating the facts.

Arsehole.
Go to Top of Page

SixFourian 
"Four ever European"

The European Union

Posted - 11/04/2010 :  03:39:24  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
And yet another pompous little lecture from you in return.
Go to Top of Page

Sean 
"Necrosphenisciform anthropophagist."

New Zealand

Posted - 11/04/2010 :  22:39:38  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

What bife said. And who said there'll be profits? What if most copies end up in a landfill? If there are profits they can do what they like with them, including giving them to a charity such as the Revolutionary Communist Workers United Front if they feel like it. It's not even slightly my business, and it's even less your business (if it's possible for that to be less than zero).
Go to Top of Page

redPen 
"Because I said so!"

United States

Posted - 04/06/2010 :  05:05:17  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
FOUR-eign films??????????????
Go to Top of Page

thefoxboy 
"Four your eyes only."

Eastern Suburbs, Melbourne, Australia

Posted - 16/07/2010 :  01:39:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
You can now flip thru lots of pages of the book on Amazon