duh 
"catpurrs"

See Fourum for details.

Posted - 24/09/2009 :  00:25:09  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by ChocolateLady

quote:
Originally posted by Josh_the_cat

As a matter of interest how is the book going are you further along the route to publication?

Have we got a date for release or has the idea been shelved(pardon the pun)

Just wondering

Josh the cat

Well, I've done my part - tried with all my connections with everyone I could who has published anything. They all seem to think it would sell, but no one could get me a contact or give me any idea who we should submit the idea to.

(Some writers, they are! Harumph!)

May I suggest that toilet paper companies be contacted?
Go to Top of Page

Yukon 
"Co-editor of FWFR book"

Kingston, Canada

Posted - 03/11/2009 :  17:22:49  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Over the summer, our agent went through the first round of submissions to all the major U.S. publishers and .... no takers.

We are currently in our second round of submissions to smaller U.S. and Canadian publishers. Cross your fingers ...

Go to Top of Page

Josh the cat 
"ice wouldn't melt, you'd think ....."

East Yorkshire, England.

Posted - 03/11/2009 :  18:25:37  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Yukon

Over the summer, our agent went through the first round of submissions to all the major U.S. publishers and .... no takers.

We are currently in our second round of submissions to smaller U.S. and Canadian publishers. Cross your fingers ...

Have you considered this, one of my pupils went this route then did a deal with some local book shops to have a display in store

just an idea

Josh the cat

Edited by - Josh the cat on 03/11/2009 18:27:50
Go to Top of Page

SixFourian 
"Four ever European"

The European Union

Posted - 03/11/2009 :  22:08:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
You can genuinely self-publish, i.e. not through a company such as Lulu. This was my suggestion but Benj has said that he wasn't keen on the idea.
Go to Top of Page

randall 
"I like to watch."

NYC, USA

Posted - 30/11/2009 :  12:52:10  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
A friend of mine has published three books with these people, very happily.
Go to Top of Page

benj clews 
"...."

United Kingdom

Posted - 14/12/2009 :  12:42:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Folks! It is with great pleasure that I can now announce that FWFR: The Book is officially a goer. Yes- a publisher is on board, contracts have been signed and deadlines have been set. The book will be in all good bookshops across North America from around October 2010. I can hardly believe it

Yukon and myself are currently finishing off the initial manuscript which will then be further updated nearer the big, scary, final deadline to fit in more recent films that have been reviewed in the intervening months. As a result, we'll be hoping for lots more zinging fwfrs for the latest releases over Christmas and for next summer's blockbusters (wherever possible) to make the book as timely as possible, so keep this in mind if you're especially keen to get yourself published.

One other thing I need to mention is that we've had to cover our arses as much as legally possible on this and for this reason I'll be updating the Terms & Conditions of the site very soon to a rather more thorough and lengthy version. It's essentially the same as now but written in proper legalese (it also says stuff about no posting of offensive material but I think we can pretty much agree we passed the point of no return on that long ago). Once this is live it'll require that you all agree to these before you can continue on to the site and submit further reviews. Obviously, if we don't have your agreement on this then we won't be using any of your reviews in the book. Apologies for putting you through this inconvenience- I know we made a start on emailing people for their agreement a while back and those we did all kindly agreed, but the publisher requires this I'm afraid

Go to Top of Page

Beanmimo 
"August review site"

Ireland

Posted - 14/12/2009 :  13:02:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

Coooooooooooooooooooooool.
Go to Top of Page

Larry 
"Larry's time / sat merrily"

Posted - 14/12/2009 :  13:14:09  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

YAY!!
Go to Top of Page

BaftaBaby 
"Always entranced by cinema."

Posted - 14/12/2009 :  13:26:57  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
benj and Yukie this is the best winter present ever!!!

Please keep us posted on the details ... Yowza in spades

Go to Top of Page

lemmycaution 
"Long mired in film"

Canada

Posted - 14/12/2009 :  15:01:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Wonderful! Thanks to benj and Yukon for all your efforts.
Go to Top of Page

BiggerBoat 
"Pass me the harpoon"

London, UK

Posted - 14/12/2009 :  17:22:53  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by benj clews

(it also says stuff about no posting of offensive material but I think we can pretty much agree we passed the point of no return on that long ago).

I think we've come to the conclusion that offensiveness can only be in the eye of the beholder (or the ear of the offended) and, therefore, something can only be offensive if it universally offensive, which seems pretty much impossible. I'm pretty sure that will hold up in court. But don't quote me on that.

Well done chaps. Looking forward to it.
Go to Top of Page

aahaa, muahaha 
"Optimistic altruist, incurable romantic"

Posted - 14/12/2009 :  18:26:19  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Congrats, Benj, Yukon and all the other fwiffers for making this a reality.

We should all probably vote on excellent new reviews in droves so that it becomes easy for picking the winners.
Go to Top of Page

Chris C 
"Four words, never backwards."

Posted - 14/12/2009 :  19:42:00  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Nice one Benj (and Yukon).

I look forward (fourword?) to giving signed copies to all my friends and family.
Go to Top of Page

Josh the cat 
"ice wouldn't melt, you'd think ....."

East Yorkshire, England.

Posted - 14/12/2009 :  20:26:34  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Great work folks I'll need a pile of copies and that will be the presents for family sorted

well done benj and Yukon

Josh the cat
Go to Top of Page

Sean 
"Necrosphenisciform anthropophagist."

New Zealand

Posted - 14/12/2009 :  21:28:22  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Wow, this is awesome news!

Congrats to everyone involved in making this a reality. By that I mean everyone who's been involved with the site in a useful way since 1999, which is pretty much all users apart from that tosser thefoxboy.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 22 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Send Topic to a Friend
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Four Word Film Review Fourum © 1999-2024 benj clews Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000