Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 22

hustleboy007 
"There is no avatar..."

U.S. of A.

Posted - 14/12/2009 :  22:08:41  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Even though it is a remote possibility that anything of mine will end up in this book, I will be one of those who sees this book on the shelf, grabs it up and yells at random passers-by - "HEY: I'M IN THIS!!"

Congratulations to Benj and Yukon and everyone else involved in this worthwhile enterprise. Woo-hoo!

- HB007
Go to Top of Page

thefoxboy 
"Four your eyes only."

Eastern Suburbs, Melbourne, Australia

Posted - 14/12/2009 :  22:09:51  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

excellent.
Go to Top of Page

Sludge 
"Charlie Don't Serf!"

United States

Posted - 14/12/2009 :  23:14:53  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by benj clews

Folks! It is with great pleasure that I can now announce that FWFR: The Book is officially a goer. Yes- a publisher is on board, contracts have been signed and deadlines have been set. The book will be in all good bookshops across North America from around October 2010. I can hardly believe it

Yukon and myself are currently finishing off the initial manuscript which will then be further updated nearer the big, scary, final deadline to fit in more recent films that have been reviewed in the intervening months. As a result, we'll be hoping for lots more zinging fwfrs for the latest releases over Christmas and for next summer's blockbusters (wherever possible) to make the book as timely as possible, so keep this in mind if you're especially keen to get yourself published.

One other thing I need to mention is that we've had to cover our arses as much as legally possible on this and for this reason I'll be updating the Terms & Conditions of the site very soon to a rather more thorough and lengthy version. It's essentially the same as now but written in proper legalese (it also says stuff about no posting of offensive material but I think we can pretty much agree we passed the point of no return on that long ago). Once this is live it'll require that you all agree to these before you can continue on to the site and submit further reviews. Obviously, if we don't have your agreement on this then we won't be using any of your reviews in the book. Apologies for putting you through this inconvenience- I know we made a start on emailing people for their agreement a while back and those we did all kindly agreed, but the publisher requires this I'm afraid

But wait! I'm still submitting reviews! Stop the presses!

Go to Top of Page

[matt] 
"Cinemattic."

United Kingdom

Posted - 14/12/2009 :  23:22:55  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

Wow, that's amazing news, guys!

Congrats and thanks to benj and Yukon and everyone else.

I can't wait to see the finished product!

Go to Top of Page

randall 
"I like to watch."

NYC, USA

Posted - 15/12/2009 :  00:00:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Your wife, benj...she's a...*goer*? I know she *goes*, but still...what's it like?

CONGRATS!

P.S. And cheers to you and Yukie for your determination and hard work...putting together a book is tough!

Edited by - randall on 15/12/2009 14:26:38
Go to Top of Page

benj clews 
"...."

United Kingdom

Posted - 15/12/2009 :  16:09:53  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by randall
P.S. And cheers to you and Yukie for your determination and hard work...putting together a book is tough!

Apparently so, not that I'd really know- poor Yukon's the one who's been busting a gut putting this together
Go to Top of Page

MguyX 
"X marks the spot"

United States

Posted - 15/12/2009 :  17:13:17  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
HUZZAH!!!
Go to Top of Page

ChocolateLady 
"500 Chocolate Delights"

Israel

Posted - 16/12/2009 :  06:59:18  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by benj clews

Folks! It is with great pleasure that I can now announce that FWFR: The Book is officially a goer. Yes- a publisher is on board, contracts have been signed and deadlines have been set. The book will be in all good bookshops across North America from around October 2010. I can hardly believe it

Yukon and myself are currently finishing off the initial manuscript which will then be further updated nearer the big, scary, final deadline to fit in more recent films that have been reviewed in the intervening months. As a result, we'll be hoping for lots more zinging fwfrs for the latest releases over Christmas and for next summer's blockbusters (wherever possible) to make the book as timely as possible, so keep this in mind if you're especially keen to get yourself published.

One other thing I need to mention is that we've had to cover our arses as much as legally possible on this and for this reason I'll be updating the Terms & Conditions of the site very soon to a rather more thorough and lengthy version. It's essentially the same as now but written in proper legalese (it also says stuff about no posting of offensive material but I think we can pretty much agree we passed the point of no return on that long ago). Once this is live it'll require that you all agree to these before you can continue on to the site and submit further reviews. Obviously, if we don't have your agreement on this then we won't be using any of your reviews in the book. Apologies for putting you through this inconvenience- I know we made a start on emailing people for their agreement a while back and those we did all kindly agreed, but the publisher requires this I'm afraid

This is the most marvelous news I've heard in a VERY long time!

So... can we advertise this event? You know, like note it on Facebook and stuff, and tell people to join and agree to allow their four word gems to possibly be part of publishing history?

I think we should.

(And I do hope it's available on Amazon.co.uk or I'll never get a copy of my own!)
Go to Top of Page

Yukon 
"Co-editor of FWFR book"

Kingston, Canada

Posted - 17/12/2009 :  01:41:48  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Don't worry Chocky, the world is going to hear about FWFR:The Book.

I have a marketing degree and I now work in public relations after 13 years as a newspaper reporter and editor. I'm working on a marketing plan right now. I'm going to be contacting a lot of newspapers and radio stations trying to generate free publicity -- but that's not a for a while.

Right now it's time to focus on getting the manuscript done.
Go to Top of Page

RockGolf 
"1500+ reviews. 1 joke."

Canada

Posted - 17/12/2009 :  20:27:24  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Probably stating the obvious, but this book is perfect for radio morning shows. Either as a straight comedy bit or as contests to identify the movie from the review. I know the CBC loved samples of it and interviewed Benj.
Go to Top of Page

Mr Savoir Faire 
"^ Click my name. "

ATL, Georgia (USA)

Posted - 28/12/2009 :  18:55:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Wow. I've been away for a while, but this is exciting news. I can not wait for this book to launch.
Go to Top of Page

TitanPa 
"Here four more"

United States

Posted - 05/01/2010 :  16:51:58  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Great News!!! Hope at least 1 of mine gets in

Go to Top of Page

randall 
"I like to watch."

NYC, USA

Posted - 18/01/2010 :  10:50:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Who's the publisher?
Go to Top of Page

shoon 
"Five(ish?) years as a fwiffer"

Sheffield, Yorkshire, England

Posted - 18/01/2010 :  17:04:52  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Great news, congrats Benj and Yukon. I'll have to see if I can pick it up online when it comes out!
Go to Top of Page

Obie 
"Too cool for school!"

Posted - 18/01/2010 :  18:37:52  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
This is the best news I've heard in ages! Currently studying for my accountancy exams but will soon be back with a vengeance.

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 22 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Send Topic to a Friend
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Four Word Film Review Fourum © 1999-2024 benj clews Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000